It used to be that the main question authors asked me about blogging was, “What is a blog?” Now the two questions I get most often are, “What will I write in my blog?” and, “How will I promote my blog?” Yesterday I covered the former. Today, let’s discuss the latter.
Promote a blog pretty much the same way you would promote a book. Here are 15 ideas:
• Tell people about it
• Add the link to your promo material (brochures, business cards, bookmarks, handouts when giving presentations and so forth).
• Add the link to your bio at the bottom of the articles you write or stories you submit to magazines and newsletters.
• Comment at blog site on the same topic as yours and include your blog link.
• Have your blog included in directories of blogs on particular topics—writing, history, fiction, romance, etc.
• Create a “signature” for your outgoing emails and make sure the link to your blog is included.
• Enter your blog in contests for added recognition.
• Twitter your blog topics each time you post.
• Use FaceBook, LinkedIn, etc. to promote your blog.
• Use keywords in your title that will attract higher ratings with Google.
• Post your blog link at your Amazon.com page, Twitter profile page and so forth.
• Print your blog link in your book when it is published.
• Add your link to freebies you give at your website.
• Have clear links from your website to your blog site.
• Ask others at appropriate sites to link to your blog.
What are some of your ideas for promoting your blog? We’d like to hear them. Leave a comment.
This would be a good weekend to order copies of my books from Amazon.com. Which books do you need? Choose from these three:
Publish Your Book (By far the most popular among attendees at the Palm Springs Writers Guild when I visited their meeting last weekend. The best book for new and struggling authors.)
Promote Your Book (For authors who need more support, ideas and a more clear understanding of book promotion.)
Talk Up Your Book (For authors who want to expand their promotional activities to include live presentations, more successful interviews, and gain more powerful communication tools.)
Available at Amazon.com, the author’s website and most other online and downtown bookstores. http://www.matilijapress.com
Download my free ebooklet, “50 Ways to Prepare for Publishing Success” from http://www.patriciafry.com My other formerly FREE ebooklets are now available for small fees at http://www.matilijapress.com “50 Ways to Promote Your Ebook” and “50 Reasons Why You Should Write That Book.”